Thursday, 7 May 2015

Heavy Sweetness Ash-Like Frost: Translation (Chapter 23.1: No Door For Redemption)




  My dear readers, how much I have missed onesecondspring! I fell sick (gosh probably the third or fourth time already this year) and was overwhelmed with life and work, so I couldn't even come online. It's nice to be back. I'm hoping to get my groove back soon, I really miss updating at least twice a week (as I'm sure my most loyal readers do too). Here's a really long update to make up for it (it's really two updates as one)! 

  When I get my rhythm back, I'm going to finally update The Princess Who Cannot Marry too. Ahhhh, how I have missed my characters and I can sense An Hun far in the horizon, wondering how long more it will take for him to appear. 

  Without further ado, let's return to Jin Mi chancing upon Night in suspicious circumstances......

Chapter 23: No Door For Redemption (Part 1 of 4)


  So, it turns out that there is a kind of hurt in this world - that can eat your heart and decay your bones. 


  It's called no door for redemption. 

 I stood on the rainbow bridge, my hand on a cool wooden beam, and gazed far away into the deep forest.



  The Four Stars Palace had an ink black tiled roof and pure pristine white walls. It was also a place of serenity and elegance. Naturally, it was never guarded by any heavenly soldiers. However, now there was a incompatible row of heavenly soldiers, including Master Tai Si, standing guard outside. Although none of them were wearing armour, all of them had alert and cautious eyes carefully observing the surroundings. There were several gods who had came on official business but were politely declined at the entrance. Seeing Master Tai Si's demeanour, it was as if he was not even willing to let a grasshopper in.

  My heart was weighed down with suspicions, so I transformed into steam and hid myself in the clouds that were swept away by the wind into the inside of the Four Stars Palace. The windows to Night's study were closed tightly, so I leaned onto the windows while in my form as steam and moistened a corner of the paper window to enable myself to look in.

  I saw Night sitting in the middle drinking a porcelain cup of tea. His expression was indecipherable. Sitting next to him in the guest seat was the leader of the Bird Tribe, Sui He. Both of them were silent, with an expression of 'if the enemy does not move, I will not move'. 

  After a long while, it seemed that Sui He could not bear it anymore and she spoke, "A person who is above board will speak straightly, I'm sure the Heavenly Emperor knows very clear why I have come today."

  Night lightly smiled, "Princess Sui He is mistaken, I do not know why you have come today."

  Sui He lightly snorted, "Did you sabotage the medicine from Lao Jun?"

  My heart jumped but I only heard Night said slowly and leisurely, "So, you came for such a small matter. I only removed a herb that would caused heatiness."

  "You!" Sui He was furious, "All the realms believe that the Heavenly Emperor is completely devoted to the Water God, but little do they know that the Heavenly Emperor will also cheat and make use of the person he loves! You knew that Phoenix is a bird that cannot die, and there was a possibility that his soul did not completely dissipate. Once the Water God received Lao Jun's golden pill, she would definitely rescue Phoenix...you knew that Phoenix's disposition is to fire and is most afraid of the cold, so you purposely removed the 'fire' element from the pill, thus Phoenix is in continuous pain by the pill that tries to eat him up internally instead, you..." Sui He mocked, "I'm afraid the Water God has not seen how smartly you have manipulated her like a chess piece? If someone enlightened her....."

  I felt like I had been struck my lightning.

  Night placed his tea cup on the table. He gave out a light sound and lifted up his brows, "Princess Sui He speaks so boldly - so have you honestly told your Great One that it was not you who revived him?" Sui He's expression completely changed.


  
   "Besides, his strength increases every day, he won't mind that little side effect. Princess Sui He is much too worried," Night replied in his usual calm manner.


  Sui He slowly regained her composure and replied, "So what if Phoenix knows that it was Jin Mi who saved him? If it was not for her sword, would Phoenix's soul even have broken? But there is one matter... if Jin Mi knows that Phoenix is not the one who killed the Water God, and that her fiance, the Heavenly Emperor, knew from the start that Phoenix was not the murderer but purposely hid this from her, and misled her, how would you say she would react?"

  I was thunderstruck! The sky was falling and the ground was collapsing. In that moment, I felt the sky land on me... but I could not move, could not run, could not escape, could only watch myself being hit by the huge boulders, see myself being broken into dust......

  "I would advise you not to act foolishly!" Night's face darkened and his index finger hit the table, "Your wish to marry him is going to come true. If this truth comes out, aren't you worried that your dream ends up empty?"

  "If the Heavenly Emperor tells me what herb you removed, I will never reveal a single word! If the Heavenly Emperor insists, then I can also only insist!"

  "Do you really think that I only know that it was not Phoenix who killed the Water God and not know who the original killer is? You have followed the Heavenly Empress for ten thousand plus years, you must have learned her Red Lotus Fire? You knew that the Water God was weak and had lost half of his divine essence, taking revenge for the Heavenly Empress was only an excuse, in truth you wanted to separate Jin Er and Phoenix, right? Too bad, you miscalculated, you never expected that Jin Mi would stab him and cause his soul to dissipate... you couldn't draw a tiger and end up being bitten by a dog!" Night coldly threw out his last card.

  "You..." Sui He was so alarmed that she stood up, "You... when have you known this..."

  "When I know this is not important, your stuttering today is your confession. I advise you to just marry him and let him protect you, you might still be able to live... but if you ever land in my hands one day... the whole world knows that I promised Jin Er to revenge her father's death..."

  Sui He's face was a sheet of white, she was completely frightened, "You... so you always knew, you used me to completely split up the two of them... you...there is no one you don't use!"

  "It's good that you know," Night calmly waved his hand and the door opened, "I will not send you out."

  Sui He clumsily rushed out of the undulating white walls of the Four Stars Palace, and disappeared hurriedly to the end of the rainbow bridge......

  I slid down from the window sill. The pain from falling down caused me to be unable to maintain my disguise and I regained my original appearance. I bore with the pain and quickly got up to run off.

  "Jin Er?"

  Cannot stop! Cannot turn back! I ran off.

  "Jin Er!" He hugged my waist from behind and I was so shocked that I shivered and tried my best to kick and struggle out. But, even after I used up my last ounce of strength, I could not break this tight chain. Using my fingers, I pinched the iron arms until there was blood... until I could not expend any more energy, I saw that there were traces of blood everywhere, but it was not clear from who......

  I was always only a very small ant. No matter how much I struggled, it was in vain.

  "Jin Er... listen to me..." It was so hilarious, his voice sounded shocked and stuttered, how could he act so realistically?

  "Fine, I will listen to you... just let me go, what else can I do, you can tell it all to me... I will listen to you, just let me go... ok?" I already knew that I had no chance of winning against him. I can only humbly beg, beg him to let me off.

  But, he stood there without speaking, only his arms entwined me tighter, his trembling lips brushed the back of my neck, like needles piercing into me, I was so scared.....

  "Jin Er, don't speak to me this way... don't leave me... I beg you, don't leave me... I'm so scared..."

  "But, I am already a corpse with no bones... every bit, every inch of me have been used up cleanly, there is nothing left. Why? Why can't you let me off?" I bit my lips as my whole body shook, "I'm so afraid, can you let me go?" I weakly begged, my trembling voice became softer and softer.

  "Jin Er, Jin Er," He turned my weak but stiff shoulder and we saw each other, face to face, I wished so desperately to be shrunk into a ball, "Jin Er... can you look at me? I love you... I really love you... don't be scared of me... don't leave me behind..."

  "No, you remember wrongly. You don't love me. You only lied to me that you loved me, lied to my father that you loved me, lied to the Flower Leaders that you loved me, lied to Old Carrot Immortal that you loved me, lied to everyone in all the realms, you have lied for so long that even you have started to believe that it's real."

  "No, Jin Er... believe me, listen to my heart, I love you..." He palely explained and desperately hugged me close into his chest. The beat of his heart was so chaotic that it almost seemed real.

  I slowly shook my head, "I may be stupid, but no matter how stupid I am, I have seen through everything clearly... from the start, you tried to get close to me because I was one of the people around Phoenix, you wanted to learn more about your enemy, then you started to suspect that I was the Water God's daughter. At the Heavenly Empress' birthday banquet, your water boundary was broken by me and thus you confirmed my identity."

  "That day, Daddy brought me to the Heavenly Realms. From outside the South Sky Gate, you clearly saw Daddy standing behind the pillar, but you pretended you did not, pretended you did not know I was the Water God's daughter, coaxed me into saying that I like you, thus Daddy thought that our feelings were mutual. You even swore to the heavens that you would break the marital engagement for me, because you knew my Daddy already learnt that my mother's death was caused by the Heavenly Emperor and Heavenly Empress. You were worried that Daddy will break this marital engagement, and you would lose a strong support in Daddy. Daddy is kind, if he saw that my heart was with you, he would not bear to break the engagement and will even fully support you. Thus, even if you fought with Phoenix, you would have increased your chances of winning."

  "You let me freely enter Qi Wu palace, you let Phoenix frequently see me, only for me to hold onto him. You gave me a Nightmare beast, only so you would always know my movements."

  "That day, when all the gods went to hear Grandfather Buddha's sermon and the Heavenly Empress did not go, you must have guessed what would happen. You calmly brought the Heavenly Emperor and Daddy to 'save' me, saw that I was pretending to be dead but did not reveal anything, you watched Daddy heartbreakingly mistakenly think that I was dead, tried to use Daddy to kill the Heavenly Empress, but could never guess that Phoenix would block it. However, even if the Heavenly Empress did not die, Phoenix was heavily injured, the Heavenly Empress was imprisoned, your aim was achieved."

  "When Daddy was killed by Sui He, you clearly knew who was the real murderer, clearly knew that I suspected Phoenix, you clearly knew....."

  "But you told me, 'The Water God wanted to kill the Heavenly Empress for his daughter, and the Fire God took three palms for his mother instead. But, his mother was imprisoned, the Fire God's heart was full of vengeance and worried that the Water God would harm his mother again, so he decided to exterminate the Water God and remove all future worries!'"

  "Three years, for three years, you knew that Phoenix already realised that you were preparing an army, that you wanted to grab the throne, and you predicted that Phoenix will reveal this at the critical moment."

  "However, you are not only a smart chess player, you are a gambler, aren't you?"

  "On the day of our wedding, you made a grand bet. You bet that Phoenix would barge into the wedding hall, you bet that I would revenge my father! The ten thousand soldiers outside was a front, the real bet was on one person, someone nobody would have thought of..."

  "It was me, I was that chip. One move that will determine victory or defeat. You won completely. You gained everything."

  "But, why can't you let me off? I asked Lao Jun for the pill, Lao Jun promised to consider for a night. On the second day, you pretended to ask Lao Jun on my behalf but you were actually obstructing me. You knew that I once prized divine essence the most, I even saw it greater than my own life, thus you asked Lao Jun to ask for sixty precent of my divine essence for the golden pill. You thought I would not be able to sacrifice, and Lao Jun would be able to keep the pill but I will still be grateful to you for helping me ask, and Lao Jun will be grateful for your advice. You never guessed that I would unhesitatingly give my divine essence for the golden pill."

 "But, you never missed a step. You already prepared for the worst situation and sabotaged the pill. Even if I gave my divine essence, what I would receive was only an imperfect pill."

  "How can you know so clearly what you want? How can you plan every step so well, calculate everything so perfectly? How can you make everyone your chess piece to use and still let them think that you are the cleanest and kindest person?"

  "Now, you steadily sit on the throne, and everyone in the Heavenly Realms except the Moon God, will support you. Even the Moon God cannot threaten your throne. Since your wish has been fulfilled, why can't you let me go?"

  The truth was completely exposed under the hot sun. So clearly, that there was nowhere to hide.

  He lowered his eyes and did not say anything. His deathly white face was undeniable.

  "You almost missed one step. You never predicted that even when the golden pill missed one herb, it would still work. You never guessed that Phoenix would so quickly revive, would ascend to the top of the Demon Realms in such a short time and be able to compete with you."

  An icy cold feeling drenched me from head to toe, I trembled, "You can't... unless you still want to use me against him?"

  In my extremely emotional state, I forcefully pushed him away and he fell to the floor. I hoarsely said, "It's no use. He has no more feelings for me! He hates me to the bone and can't wait to tear me apart. He has fallen for someone else, fallen for the person who killed my father...." Sobbingly, I stepped back, "Let me go! I will not hurt him anymore!"

  "No, Jin Er, No!" Kneeling halfway, he pushed me into his embrace and no matter how I punched or kicked, he won't let go, "I was wrong. Everything in the past was wrong. But, I really love you, love you so much that my life is an agony, and I cannot pull myself out... I saw your dream and saw both of you embracing in that dream, did you know how I felt? I hated myself so much that I wanted to pull a sword and destroy my soul. If I never existed, how could I met you, and if I never met you, then I would never have experienced such pain... but, I clearly knew that I needed to tolerate, tolerate until I became the true strong one, so strong that everyone must lower their head to me, then I can protect my loved ones, let the one I love follow me wholeheartedly......"

  "When you secretly went to visit him, I pretended I did not know. I treated it as an addiction for you, just like how you used to eat sweets, how you slowly stopped bit by bit."

  "Later, when you started to visit him less, you didn't know how happy I was. And even later, when you agreed to marry me, did you know how shocked I was? I was so happy my heart wanted to fly. I thought then, if you could only marry me, if you would live the rest of your life with me, even if I had to give up the throne, I would......"

  I looked at his panicked face, so fearful that it seemed real, and heard him say the biggest joke in the world. I could only shake my head in response.

 "Jin Er, you can choose not to believe me, you can choose not to love me, you can even hate me, but you can never leave me!" I suddenly felt like my heart was torn out, alone without support, and I could only look at him in despair. Looking at his pale face with a line of tears that landed on my forehead, "Jin Er, I was wrong, but I do not regret!"

  Wrong, I was also wrong, so terribly wrong, so ridiculously wrong... but, Phoenix, how would he hear this?


So, it turns out that there is a kind of hurt in this world - that can eat your heart and decay your bones. 

  It's called no door for redemption. 


Comments: This is the chapter that tells it all! It's so good, so powerful, and so unbelievably heart-wrenching. I know it's terrible but I actually really love seeing Night in all his true dark colours. But, just as Jin Mi despairs that there is no door for redemption, Night says that he has no regrets.

I definitely believe that Night loves Jin Mi, because why did he bet on Jin Mi being the ultimate piece? Because, he knew that Phoenix loved Jin Mi as much as he loved Jin Mi, and both of them would give up the world for her.





84 comments:

  1. thanks so much *whew*

    what's Phoenix reaction when he learned the truth? i hope, both Phoenix and Night will burn that peacock princess!

    - Samie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Samie,

      You are welcome <3 thanks for your long loyal support of this project.

      To be honest, I can't remember his immediate reaction.

      Delete
    2. Take care �� *hearts* ��

      Delete
  2. thank you, decembi. that was wonderful. really enjoyed reading n now looking forward to next chapter. take care of your health and rest well. goodnite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Irene,

      Thank you for your patience and support <3 Really, it's my readers that motivate me to continue even when I really have no time to translate anymore.

      But, the wonderful part is that I can really start to see the end!

      <3

      Delete
  3. OMG. Now I'm fall for Night. He is so pitiful. Ofcouse,I like both Male lead.U know that at first my impression for Night is just so-so. But for now I'm totally Night fan.Yes,he do so many scary things. But we can't blame him for that.From the start he is just lonely figure. He also need love and care. But he can't have. Unlike Night, Phoenix have everything like his mother love, his father favour not even mentioned ji min love.He just want ji min even her love is not for him. He just simply want her .Well,for Phoenix just let him be with that Sui He. At least she love him. Right! I know I know I'm evil.But I'm so sorry for Night. I wish Night can have happy ending with his ji min. I know it can't be .But I still want. Poor Night! T_T -_-!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Thiri, your response is very similar to mine when I first read it! I think this is definitely Night's chapter - because you see him completely exposed, and while rather cowardly and conniving, somehow that makes him more vulnerable and more attractive than he ever has been. I definitely agree that Night's weakness is his neverending loneliness but he goes about pursuing love in the wrong way because he was thought when he was young that you needed power to protect your love.

      Delete
  4. I feel so bad for Night as well, especially because I know he won't 'win' in the end. Thank you so much for the update decembi. Sorry to hear you were ill. I hope get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind well wishes! Dian Xian must have felt bad for Night too since she wrote Two Ex-Husbands on the Stage and the leads were changed, Night is the male lead and Phoenix the second in that one ;)

      Delete
  5. thanks really awesome chapter and you're awesome too for doing this...marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thanks for reading marie <3

      Delete
  6. Thanks decembi. I hope your health is better. I pity Night. I believe that he does love Jin Mi and desperately needs her love in return. But his love is darkened by his ambition for power whereas I feel that Phoenix's love is bright and pure. I really miss Phoenix, will he be in the next chapter update? -Elise I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elise, I love your description of Phoenix's love being bright and pure - kind of like a bold flame. <3 The next chapter is super action-packed but it's 23.3 in which Phoenix appears with a huge bang.

      Delete
  7. A really heartbreaking chapter. Thank you so much for the translation, decembi. I hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your well wishes! I'm trying my best to improve my health - work has been too furious!

      It truly is heartbreaking - love does that when there are more than two in love......

      Delete
  8. Feel better. Get lots of rest. Bang. ... The truth is out! !! Night should have cast spell so no one can overhear his conversation with the evil bird girl. I didn't think night was that evil. He should just be with the evil bird princess. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah! Good point. Sui He is pure evil since she actually murdered the Water God! Night does not feel as evil, but perhaps even darker and scarier since he is able to manipulate everyone's actions to fit his aims.

      Delete
  9. Wow. I'm amazed at how great Jin Mi has changed in this chapter. Wasn't she always the silly oblivious one? Seems like the Unfeeling Pill has not only made her insusceptible to love, but also has dumbed her down before.

    I can't help thinking she might go down the same road of sorrow as her Mother did after this chapter..

    Oh, Decembi, hope you don't mind.. This line seems to need tweaking: "I thought then, if I could only marry me". Awesome job translating! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for pointing out! Edited it :)

      I think Jin Mi's intelligence is not always consistent since Dian Xian loves to make jokes even at Jin Mi's expense. But, I think Jin Mi was able to re-look all of Night's actions with full clarity after the blind was removed from her eyes - Night's schemes were actually pretty obvious if Jin Mi wasn't so clueless about affections and love before.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  11. If I was in the same position as Jin Mi's I would definitely not love Night now or in the future (even w/out Phoenix). .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It's almost impossible to trust him

      Delete
  12. My heart bleeds for Night here... Thank you for the translation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! He is pitiful and hateful at the same time.

      Delete
  13. I love this chapter! Night needs to suffer a bit more. I'm so glad Jin Mi finally understand everything. ughhh poor Phoenix. Thank you decembi!! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Night needs to suffer a whole more! I totally agree with you. <3 This was also one of my favourites. <3

      Delete
  14. This chapter just made me more into Night. LOL I can't just stop loving him. I wish Jin Mi would end up with him instead of Pheonix. :( But sadly, that wouldn't happen.. Dang..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well, like I said above, in Dian Xian's mortal chinese version of this story, Two Ex Husbands On a Stage, Night ends up with Jin Mi ;)

      Delete
  15. Thanks for the new translation!!!! Hope you get better soon and take care of yourself!! I miss phoenix!!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Phoenix will very much overwhelm this story soon. Not the next chapter, but almost all the nexts!

      Delete
  16. Thank you for this chapter! so much emotions, so heartbreaking! Finally the truth is out! Take care of your health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, translating this chapter was quite cathartic - it was wonderful to reveal Night's real colours as well. <3

      Delete
  17. I hope you're better now decembi <3 thank you for your hardwork

    I'm such a phoenix girl, I don't even have a bit of pity for Night, poor Jin Mi :(

    Lola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weak disposition, so I have to really change my lifestyle! :(

      Hahahah! Phoenix is definitely the one I root for.

      Delete
  18. Welcome Back!!!
    Hopefully you have fully recovered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not fully yet, but much better. :) Thank you.

      Delete
  19. Happy weekend! Hope u have chance to rest.
    Lovely chapter n wonderful translation - I always think the part from the roasting of Jin Mi rabbit to the epilogues are the best part of the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you, Moonblossom <3 hahaha Jin Mi rabbit. I loved Jin Mi as a rabbit, especially since I own a holland lop of my own.

      I agree! I can't wait to reach the epilogues.

      Delete
  20. Thank you for your translation. Wishing you get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Nan! Thanks for the support :)

      Delete
  21. Thanks for the update! Get better soon =) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! :) Thanks for your kind words and the support!

      Delete
  22. my good Night is gone T.T decembi broke my heart... anw thanks so much for the chapter <3 been waiting days n night for it... is waiting for the day phoenix reunites with jin mi~~
    -- starry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Starry, haha sorry to have broken your heart! But do not despair for Dian Xian really likes Night too and he does have a fitting ending.

      Delete
    2. aww hope his ending is much better than Jiu Ye in da mo yao... hehe looking forward to it.. anw take care of yr health n b better soon ;)) <3
      -- starry

      Delete
    3. Definitely much better than Jiu Ye! I do feel rather angry for his end sometimes.

      Delete
  23. Hi Decembi, thank you soooo much for this chapter! please stay healthy!
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! :) Thanks so much for the well wishes. I'm re-examining my whole lifestyle and diet! Haha.

      Delete
  24. Hi decembi!

    Welcome back! I hope you are getting better n much better. :)

    Back to this chapter, it's simply, WOW! Finally JM learned the truth in a hard way. Despite Night being calculative n manipulative, I do believe that he loves her. Emotion is such a funny thing, especially when his love (towards JM) and hate (towards Phoenix) are entwined together. Just like JM said, he is a gambler, and one should have known that there're risk and rewards in every move you make. His unintentional confession will definitely have an impact on JM.. gosh.. this is karma..

    I'm so looking forward for your next chapter. I too miss 'The Princess Who Can't Marry'. But, as people always say, health comes first. Take good care of yourself!

    Cheers, hh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello hh,

      AWWWWW thank you so much for missing The Princess Who Cannot Marry. I'm going to post Chapter 5 up soon <3 <3 <3. Just need to edit parts and it will be posted.

      I totally agree about the karma. I think Jin Mi also learns that you can't superficially read people, which the Unfeeling Pill might have reduced her capacity in understanding people's actions that are derived from their feelings/emotions. Which is why Jin Mi can 'illogically' give up her divine essence to save someone's life, Jin Mi starts to understand how Phoenix, who is honest about his jealousy and rage, is a more open and upright person than Night, who has these unscrupulous intent behind his 'upright' actions.

      Delete
  25. Welcome back! I'm glad there is an update.

    Okay, everyone is falling for Night even more after this chapter? Whaaat?

    I feel so disgusted by him now. Jin Mi is too nice. I would have kicked him hard. Even after all the sh** he did, he still shamelessly holds and begs her? Disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Little Winter. Haha, I think Night is an attractive, almost sympathetic, tragic figure. His mother's true feelings were abandoned by the Heavenly Emperor and he has never felt a sense of belonging or love (after his mother's passing) - driven by a sense of righteous revenge, Night's heart grew cold and twisted, and even Jin Mi's offer of friendship was ultimately not enough because Night became like his own father, in his ugly possession of the one he loves (Jin Mi's mother).

      Delete
  26. Thank you for a long chapter. I always liked more bad characters and hate these mild guys, so now I am starting to like Night. But I am afraid that it is too late. chichichi. He wouldnt have chance with our heroine now. Good luck with work, family and health. Karol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Night made a choice to take advantage of Jin Mi's trust in him and that's something he can never earn back. :(

      Thank you so much Karol <3

      Delete
  27. omg. thank you for this revolting chapter! rest well decembi! will be looking forward to the princess who cannot marry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ♡ hope your exams went well! My writing is quite rusty but looking forward to finish arc 1

      Delete
    2. * revelating! omg. sorry for the typo!

      Delete
    3. Hahaha! I actually guessed you meant riveting.

      Delete
  28. Thanks Decembi! Thanks for all your work translating! I'm enjoying this immensely... and also looking forward to the princess who cannot marry! Hope you get better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Atz, lovely to hear from you and glad you enjoyed the chapter. Me too, I want to be in tip top shape again!!! <3

      Delete
  29. hi decembi, hope u r in a better shape! thanks for continuing the updates! really appreciate it! cant wait for part 2!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for the well wishes! Have been swarmed with work. But will get a good update up this week <3

      Delete
  30. I was so pleased to see a new chapter - thanks for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the support :)

      Delete
  31. This chapter was so heart wrenching. Now everything is in the clear. I'm one of the camp who believes that Night does love Jin Mi too. He used her, definitely, but he did all these things for power so he would not only be able to get rid of Phoenix but to also have her by his side. And it almost worked too. So close, Night, so close. I actually like the fact that he says he has no regret. I was firmly on the Phoenix ship but this chapter revealed so much about Night that it tugs at my heart strings. Thank you for the wonderful update, and can't wait for the next. This is one of my favorite stories ever.
    -Lilem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lilem,

      Thank you for your beautiful thoughts! I very much agree with you on Night. It's entirely misconceived and he definitely went about gaining Jin Mi's love in the wrong way but from young, I think he could only equate power with love.

      Delete
  32. decembi, i hope u have not forgotten this translation! its been over a month! we r so close to the ending and wrapping this up! pls do update sooooonnnn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear, so sorry for not updating for so long! Really was too busy. :) have just updated.

      Delete
  33. OMG! So Night use JinMi's hand to hurt and almost kill Phoenix? T__T
    And he expect that he could getaway with that?
    That's so cruel for both JinMi and Night together. Now Night must be more lonely than before. A character like him deserve a good girl, if he is not this evil.
    PS. I really hate the part that Pheonix called Sui He when he's with JinMi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Su Oon,

      Indeed, Night's loneliness now has no end :(

      Forgive Phoenix once you know the whole truth :)

      Delete
  34. Whats going on. Why no update? I hope everything is okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you :) have updated!

      Delete
  35. Heavy Sweetness Ash-Like Frost`s fan28 June 2015 at 18:10

    Same thing here.
    Dear Decembi c,
    I really like your translation!You have such rare talent to put so many feeling through words.Looking for next chapter desperately!
    Have mercy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Heavy Sweetness fan,

      Awww thank you for your kind words. I've updated :)

      Delete
  36. Thank you so much for your hard work!!!!! I been checking daily, and reread my favorite parts over and over lol. I have to say I'm dying to read the next chapter can't wait ahhhhh!!! Once again many thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teehee, your patience is rewarded <3

      Delete
    2. Thank so much for the chapter :))

      Grace

      Delete
  37. I can't wait for Phoenix's reaction. Though I'm still side-eying him a little for repeatedly trying to kill Jin Mi (did he really mean to kill her?) and for apparently having some feelings for that annoying Peacock Princess, I still want him and Jin Mi to somehow get back together. I wonder how the situation will get resolved.

    While I do feel sorry for Night, I don't think that absolves him of his past actions. In my opinion, there is something artificial and scary about a character that is capable of being calculative and manipulative to this extent. Where does his scheming end and his real feelings begin? Or the better question: Does he even know the answer to that after so many years of careful plotting? Nope, can't like or root for him.

    I hope you'll update soon. My heart broke for Jin Mi during the last couple of chapters and I want to see her happy again.

    Thanks for all your heart work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anon,

      Thank you for your heartfelt words. :) Indeed, this is a work from my heart.

      I think Phoenix definitely has anger management issues. But, this kind of fierce passionate kind of male lead is popular for c-novels hahaha.

      I completely agree - I like to read about calculative and manipulative characters, but the best answer for Night in this story is unending loneliness :(

      Delete
  38. As the saying goes, revenge is a double edge sword. Night was so driven by it that even though he fell in love with Jin Mi he can be calculating enough to use her for his own ends. Tragic. Such tragic character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! Although I often wondered if Night was using Jin Mi for his revenge, or had brainwashed himself to think that that was the only route to happiness for himself. Tragic indeed.

      Delete